Protecting Workers from Slips, Trips and Falls during Disaster Response
Responding to natural and man-made disasters puts emergency response workers at risk of injury or death from slips, trips and falls.
Steps employers must take to keep workers safe:
- Conduct pre-incident disaster response planning and ensure that emergency workers know the plan.
- Assess the workplace to determine if hazards are present or are likely to be present.
- Provide protective equipment to prevent slips, trips and falls including:
- – Slip-resistant footwear (e.g., rubber soles).
- – Gloves so workers can grip railings/ladders safely to steady themselves.
- – Head protection
- – Personal fall protection
- Train workers to identify hazards, including those that require protective equipment, and how to prevent injury
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- Poster size 11” x 17”
- Front and back sides are laminated
- Quality printing in full color
- Attorney Approved
- Recycled Paper
- Made in USA
- Poster content is guaranteed to be up-to-date